Monday, May 4, 2009

one week....ok maybe less....

ok, so, it's about a week before gct. one of my big races for this year. one of the races that i put as a goal that i want to do well, well...not just well tho; i really do want to do very well, no, maybe even great. i want to do great. training has been great. can't complain. progress is definitely felt in so many ways. preparation is coming along. a lot of my friends that know about me doing this race have been asking whether i'm prepared or not. all i can say for now is well...it's been a while i'm doing this training, even for this year. i felt pretty good. we'll see.

i know i can only control things that i can control, especially during the race. other than that, there is always things u can't control; such as the weather. what can't you do if it is too hot, or maybe even too cold? u get what u can get. u take care what u can. other than that, u can only manage what u can manage during the race. and well.....to tell u the truth, that's one of the things that i like about the race. take what u can get. bring it on.

one of my teammates, which is also my swim coach, g, was talking about her pr in gct. she actually kind of challenged me to try maybe even to match that. i'd sure like to do that, altho i don't know whether i can do it or not. in one way, she actually had been saying that a lot out of me have improved. she said i looked better on the swim; faster on the bike, and also faster on the run. and yes, it is very encouraging, but yet, on the other side, i don't want to be too over confidence. at certain level, i felt very comfortable going into this race than any other race that i had ever done.
as of Wednesday, I felt pretty calm. but yet, with some pre-cautions, i felt a little uneasy; afraid of what could happen; afraid that what happen last year happened again; afraid that I could not match my goal. pressure. then again, I do know that most times, I thrive with pressure. we’ll see….i’ll update more later on as the days get closer to the race…

No comments: