Tuesday, October 28, 2008

interesting writings and quotes...from others...

runner’s prayer

Lord, please be there with me each time I go to run, and help me always finish the things I have begun; running and life’s goals seem to go hand-in-hand; smoothing out one’s troubles as the sea smooth the sand; with Your true guidance, Lord, and unconditional love; there is no trouble before me that I cannot rise above; with pounding feet and strung beating heart, I thank You, Lord, for this healing art


These quotes below I picked up are from one of my (coach j) friends’ wife’s page. As soon as I read the quote, it struck me so deeply, that I really want to show it in the blog. Here they are;

‘if u want something u hv never had b4, u hv 2 b willing 2 do something u hv never done b4’

‘if what u did yesterday looks good, then u haven’t done much today’

Hopefully, she’s ok with this. I’ll send this to the couple too tho later on. Oh…just a little background about her; her name is pj and she was featured in an article in the paper last Thursday (10/23/08). Also, as from the discussion we had last time in the ‘1st annual TRAS potluck’, hopefully, she is running for mayor.
Anyways, those two quotes, especially the second one, really made me think about what I had done yesterday, last week, last month, or even last year compare to what I’m doing today, and even start thinking about tomorrow and even next year.

No comments: